Middle School Social Worker/Counselor: Mrs. Christi Carducci
Elementary School Counselor: Ms. Kiley Grabbe
Welcome to the OAS Counselor's Corner -
A message from Mrs. Carducci
As Social Workers/Counselors at Orange Avenue School, we promote and enhance Cranford Public Schools academic mission by providing services for students to strengthen home, school and community based relationships. Our goal is to alleviate any stress in a child's life that will impact their learning, emotional or social development. If you feel your child may benefit from support counseling please feel free to contact me for any of the following:
- Individual counseling: meet with students weekly, bi-weekly or monthly or just “check -ins” working on issues such as loss, behaviors, divorce, death, peer relations, anxiety, stress.
- Crisis Intervention: bereavement, self-injury or harm to self.
- Classroom interventions: work with classroom teacher to assist and support behavior management, peer relationships, social skills .
- Consultation: I work very closely with administrators/teachers/support staff to ensure personal success I’m available for parents and teachers to ask questions regarding any social/emotional/behavioral observations concerns with students.
- Outside referrals/resource support .
If at any time during the year you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
All meetings are confidential.
A message from Ms. Grabbe
Hi, I’m Ms. Grabbe and I am originally from South Jersey. I graduated from St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York, with a degree in Psychology. I then received my master’s in School Counseling at Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey. Three of my favorite things are watching the Eagles and Phillies play, spending time with my family, and currently, planning my wedding.
What is a School Counselor?
School Counselors, previously known as Guidance Counselors, help build the foundation for developing confident, successful, lifelong learners. The counseling program seeks to meet the needs of all students by regularly collaborating with teachers, parents, administrators, and students. I provide support to students so that each child achieves success. I provide counseling in the form of Individual Counseling, Group Counseling, and I will also be going into the classrooms to teach mini lessons regarding social and emotional health.
Please note that School Counselors do not provide ‘Therapy’. Referrals for outside counseling services are available upon request for students experiencing grief, divorce or other mental/behavioral health concerns. Please reach out to me any time using the above information. I look forward to a great school year!